March Break
March Break has so far been quite intense, working many more hours at the store than normal. My boss had to leave for the week, so I had to pick up some of the slack. Standing on my feet for 5-6+ hours with only a short break leaves me dead tired when I'm still trying to recover from a cold. Some days, I'm bored crazy with nothing to do since I can't really do schoolwork at the store; as a result, the sight of a FedEx or UPS truck usually excites us, hoping it's a shipment of toys for us to unpack and label. :) Other days, we get strange characters who are a little creepy, masses of families who all want help at the same time, or kids who refuse to leave the Thomas Train table because they want to play with Cranky the Crane. I really do love work though. It keeps me sane.
Recently, I finished a book called "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. The author's style in writing is honest, humourous, simple, yet deep and thought-provoking. He reminds me of Bruxy Cavey. I would highly recommend anyone to give this book a try; it is an honest and radical look into Christian "spirituality" that was refreshing and so encouraging to me. Miller writes from his own experiences, so of course it is only one person's view of Christianity. But he writes from the heart and at many points in the book, I could totally identify with his thoughts. The parts that challenged me most were when he voiced questions that I often struggle with or I am too afraid to ask. I got the most out of his exploration of those tough questions. Maybe I'll go back through the book and explore some of those questions here in the future.
Recently, I finished a book called "Blue Like Jazz" by Donald Miller. The author's style in writing is honest, humourous, simple, yet deep and thought-provoking. He reminds me of Bruxy Cavey. I would highly recommend anyone to give this book a try; it is an honest and radical look into Christian "spirituality" that was refreshing and so encouraging to me. Miller writes from his own experiences, so of course it is only one person's view of Christianity. But he writes from the heart and at many points in the book, I could totally identify with his thoughts. The parts that challenged me most were when he voiced questions that I often struggle with or I am too afraid to ask. I got the most out of his exploration of those tough questions. Maybe I'll go back through the book and explore some of those questions here in the future.
